The Ministry of Manpower (MOM), the Building and Construction Authority (BCA) and Singapore Economic Development Board (EDB) will implement Fast and Easy Tests (FETs) regime using the Antigen Rapid Test (ART) from 15 Oct 2021:
· Vaccinated workers who are currently on the 14-Day Rostered Routine Testing (RRT) regime will undergo supervised ART once a week, in lieu of the polymerase chain reaction (PCR) tests. Unvaccinated workers will be tested twice a week using ART swabs.
· Workers can conduct these supervised ART swabs in their dormitories, place of residence, or place of work.
2. The new FET-RRT regime will apply to:
- All personnel working in the Construction, Marine and Process (CMP) sectors who are currently undergoing 14 Day PCR-RRT
- All workers from Manufacturing and Services sectors residing in dormitories;
- Frontline workers working in dormitories and recreation centres;
- Recovered workers who have passed 270 days from their date of symptoms onset or detection of infection;
- All newly arrived recovered workers.
Transition to FET-RRT policy
3. The transition from the PCR-RRT to FET-RRT regimes will enable quick and effective detection of COVID-19 infections and provide greater convenience for employers and workers. The updated testing regimes for vaccinated and unvaccinated workers are summarised in Table 1 below.
Table 1: Testing Regimes for Workers
|Worker groups||Current PCR-RRT||From 15 Oct 2021 FET-RRT|
|Vaccinated workers||14-day cycle of: Supervised ART on Day 7; and PCR test on Day 14||Supervised ART every 7 days|
|Unvaccinated workers||14-day cycle of: Supervised ART on Days 3, 7 and 11; and PCR test on Day 14||Supervised ART every 3 days|
|Workers in Maritime, Marine & Aviation sectors in higher risk workplace settings||7-day cycle of: Supervised ART on Days 3PCR test on Day 7||No change for workers who are on this cycle|
Please continue with your scheduled appointments.
Note: More updates for the Maritime and Marine sector will be provided by sector leads later.
4. Your workers will be able to view their FET-RRT schedule on the FWMOMCare mobile application and must follow the schedule when taking their ART. Your workers’ FET-RRT compliance will be based on the ART results uploaded in:
- Swab Registration System (SRS) V2 for Singaporean Citizens and Permanent Residents (SCPR); and
- FWMOMCare for work pass holders.
They may refer to the guides provided on how to upload their ART results respectively.
System Changes to User Applications for Work Pass Holders
5. As part of the transition, we will be making system changes to the respective online platforms and will be sending out customised notifications to the workers. We seek your patience and support to explain these transitional changes to your workers. The changes are tabulated in following table.
Table 2: Notifications on MOM User Applications for Work Pass Holders
|Worker groups||Notification messages on FWMOMCare, SGWorkpass, Safe@Work and Safe@Dorm|
|Vaccinated workers||FWMOMCare, SGWorkpass, Safe@Work and Safe@Dorm: These applications will display a “You are placed on 99-day RRT” with a next PCR swab date at 99 days from your worker’s last test. You may ignore this schedule. Please refer to your worker’s ART schedules under FET-RRT on FWMOMCare instead.|
|Workers in Maritime, Marine & Aviation sectors with higher risk workplace settings||You will continue to be able to view the PCR schedule of your workers on FWMOMCare, SGWorkpass, Safe@Work and Safe@Dorm. Please refer to your worker’s ART schedules on FWMOMCare.|